Friday 8 July 2011

Virtual Worlds

This week in class we explored avatar's in Virtual Worlds as a potential learning tool through the program Second Life. At first, i could not grasp how the program could enhance learning as it is very distracting. There were some useful tools on there for various subjects which could aid in learning.

All students on computers get distracted in my opinion. So having whole lessons based around computers could be a waste of time. With the easy access to internet students can go off task so easy. However, it is beneficial for their learning to become familiar with computers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt,

    I feel we share the same opinions on this topic. My first thoughts when I started exploring Second Life, was that kids wont stay on task. I did not have a good experience on my prac with computers with students mostly playing games on them.

    I feel sometimes we are trying too hard to accomadate kids, and what will keep them engaged. I fully support the use of computers but would find it hard to design and effective lesson around this program.

    Cheers

    Jared

    ReplyDelete